Date & Venue
Race Date: Wednesday 21st June 2023
Race Time: 7:00pm start (registration from 6:00pm)
Race HQ: Phoenix Bar, South Leeds Stadium, John Charles Centre for Sport, Middleton Grove, Belle Isle, Leeds, LS11 5DJ.
Host Club: South Leeds Lakers
Entry will close at midnight on Monday June 19th.
Entry costs £5, and is open to all runners who are 35+ and affiliated to YVAA. Affiliation may either be via membership of an affiliated club, and as an individual. Affiliated 33- and 34-year-olds may also run as guests.
To enter the race, you must first register for the Grand Prix series, which is free.
There will be no entry on the day.
From Leeds City Centre: 3 miles from the Town Centre on A653, follow sign posts for John Charles Centre for Sport.
Car parking is available at John Charles Centre for Sport (LS11 5DJ). Please use the overflow car parks and car share where possible.
Toilets and changing facilities will be available for use and showers will be accessible for a small charge.
Light refreshments will be available back at race HQ (Phoenix Bar). (Note: We will be following YVAA Committee recommendations and keeping refreshments simple – probably tea/coffee and a piece of cake or similar).
The course remains the same as in 2022. This is an 8.5km trail race starting and finishing on Middleton Clearings and taking in Middleton Woods and Park on trail and tarmac paths. Trail shoes are recommended (or at least hybrid shoes).
Notes to all runners and spectators
- All runners must sign in at Race HQ before starting, even if they already have their race number from a previous race. This is for safety reasons: we need to know who has gone out onto the course so we can be sure everyone has finished safely.
- All races in the YVAA Grand Prix series are multi-terrain running races not suitable for wheelchairs and will include areas of rough uneven ground, slippery muddy surfaces, woodland, scrub, fields and sometimes moorland so any runner entering one of these races must be confident that they are physically capable of coping with these conditions. If you are unsure then please contact the organizing club or YVAA sec.
- As these races are for over 35’s and no children will be running, the organizing club will not have crèche/child minding/lost child facilities available. Runners and spectators must therefore be responsible for their children, if in attendance, at all times. Our only option would be to call police to take care of child.
- Spectators are welcome but are reminded not to stray onto the course and hinder runners. If spectators choose to spectate at areas away from the finish they are reminded of the possibly difficult conditions underfoot and the footwear consequently needed. If spectating at road crossings, please do not put yourself or other road users at risk.
- Club kit must be worn, along with a race number (front) and age category (back).